Chicago Human Rhythm Project (CHRP) spotlights Chicago’s exceptional and diverse percussive dance community with the third annual citywide STOMPING GROUNDS series, culminating with the grand finale at the Studebaker Theater in the Fine Arts Building. Showcasing African, Irish, Mexican, Spanish, Chinese and American cultural traditions, this multi-performance event is a celebration of the rhythmic arts that connects diverse communities through rhythm.
The 2017 series features the following Chicago companies:
- Chicago Human Rhythm Project
- Ensemble Espanol Spanish Dance Theatre
- Mexican Folkloric Dance Company
- Muntu Dance Theatre (African and African-American)
- Trinity Irish Dance Company and Trinity Irish Dance Ensemble
- GuGu Drum Group of Shanghai (May 2 only)